I’m sorry but the kids and I have to cancel this time. Due to Covid a 40th was postponed and knocked onto the same weekend, and I really have to be at that. Another time for me. I have booked one medium tent for three at the campsite if anyone needs this booking let me know. Otherwise I’ll cancel it.
Sounds like a great weekend. Enjoy.
At the moment, I’ve got two plans – it all depends whether of not I can get Friday off work (and, as ever, what the weather’s doing). Of course, I’ll need some to want to climb with me as well!
If I’m free on the Friday:
Drive over early from Halifax and do Crib Goch. On the Saturday, some multi-pitching – starting on Tryfan Fach (mostly lower grade) and then move on to either Tryfan itself or stroll round to Idwal Slabs. On the Sunday, Lockwood’s Chimney at Clogwyn y Bustach and thenhave a go at more of the lower-grade multi-pitch routes there.
If Friday’s a no go, drive over from Halifax in the evening – probably getting to the hut around 7ish. Something pretty similar to the plan outlined above would probably follow!
If the weather’s poor, I’ll make sure that I’ll have some hillwalking kit in the car.
I am going to have to change my ambitions for the weekend sadly. I will be taking it very easy for health reasons so no leading for me. 🙁 But I’m happy to belay and do some easy routes if anyone would be happy to climb with me like this? Or do some gentle hill walking?
If this suits anyone I can drive anytime Friday (I swapped a day off) from York. I’m happy to take Nath and Nina if this works for them.