These are links to some of our doings in 2008, although only a minority of Members outings actually get written up !!
Follow the links and enjoy the Reports.
Striding Edge in January:
A Sober Saturday Circuit
- Full winter conditions on Striding Edge, sadly with a fatality witnessed from Swirral Edge.
Killin in January:
The Killin Alps
- Strong winds and steep slopes as we struggle to stand in crampons on Beinn Ghlas
Blackmount and Ben Lui in February:
February Tyndrum trip
- A winter weekend on Stob Ghabhar and Stob a’ Choire Odhair, and Central Gulley of Ben Lui.
Rjukan Ice Climbing:
Rjukan 2008 -
Climbing on accessible Norway ice
Club Winter Weekend 2008:
Winter Weekend 2008
- The gang goes to Langangarbh Hut in Glencoe for winter(ish) activities
Eastern Fannaichs in Winter:
Eastern Fannaichs -
Two sizeable Fannaich days with snow and cornices, and some blue skies.
Glentress in the Snow:
Switchbacks in the Snow -
A March trip mountainbiking in Glentress
Mountainbiking Southern Scotland:
- A three day mountain bike fest
Via Ferrata in the Lake District:
Honister Via Ferrata
- The Dolce Via comes to the Lake District………..or does it ?? A disappointed view of the Honister metals
The Torridon Giants:
Torridon May 2008
- An expedition to remote Torridon, and up its 6 major Munros.
Mountain Biking in Luchon:
MountainBiking in Luchon
- A wheelie good trip to the French Pair o’ Knees
Climbing in Cyprus:
Climbing in Cyprus
- Mediterranean sun and rock
The Grey Corries:
The Grey Corries
- A full squad of 11 goes to Lochaber for some September Munros.
Buffeting on Helm Crag:
Buffeting on Helm Crag
- A wild October day on a ridge and abseil