As usual with Highland weekends, there will be very little organisation on this, because we have no idea what the weather might be doing that weekend.
So for the moment I can say:-
(1) if weather is good on 23-24 November we plan to bring the trip forward
(2) Typically we leave York around 4pm on Friday and get back about 10 pm Sunday. Fuel cost might be £30 -£45 per person depending how far we drive and how many share a car
(3) Destination is decided Wednesday once the weekend weather forecast is becoming clearer. We seek bunkhouse accommodation about £22 per night.
(4) Activity is hillwalking with maybe a bit of scrambling if weather is settled. Not expecting much if any snow cover at this early stage. Choice of hills obvs weather-dependent, but both Paul and I might be seeking alternatives to Munros. (having done those)
More info later. Daniella, it might be nice to meet you in the pub for a chat one Thursday. (Not 24/11 as I’ll be on holiday). You can email me via Members List if needed
I will be available for both of the Scottish weekends in late November or Early December and will definitely be going up for one of those. I’m happy to drive and don’t mind picking up and dropping off in York or elsewhere thereabouts if needed. Just have to wait and see how the weather shapes up then make a cunning plan. Dave M
After last weekend described as “sublime” on the mountains (by our Edinburgh correspondent) — whilst I was on family outings — we seem to have a return to frontal systems over the next couple of days. I think all those interested are now in touch off the forum, watching to guess what the weekend’s weather may hold………..